Thursday, January 12, 2012

Seven Days of butter London - SLAPPER and TROUT POUT!

Due to techinical difficulties, yesterday's butter post was scrapped. But to make up for it, I want to show you two colors from the brand NEW Spring collection - Trout Pout and Slapper!

Trout Pout

Trout Pout is described as an opaque shade of cantaloupe, pale and retro. In British slang the term Trout Pout refers to a woman who has "overdone" the collagen in her lips so much it gives her a fishy face. I think Trout Pout is a perfect name for another reason - the color looks like salmon.


Two coats of Trout Pout
I absolutely love this color! It's a creme and it goes on exceptionally well. In different light, the color can go from a light orange to a pinkish salmon. Just for my friend Neri from Ask Cathy, I put this on my right hand, on which I have way shorter nails due to an unfortunate melmer accident. :o) It looks good on nubbins as well as longer nails. I'm beginning to think the butter London has the best cremes in the business.
Here's why:

Slapper

This is Slapper.....my newest favorite polish!! This color is amazing!  It's a truly teal lacquer, bold and very bright. A slapper is British slang for a slut. The actual name might not be pretty, but dang does this polish look good on the nails.
Two coats of Slapper

This is one of the coolest blue/teals ever! It looks blueish in most light, but in darker light it looks green. It's definitely a teal. It goes on like a dream. I wonder what it will look like with a coat of Henley Regatta over it, but it's so pretty on its own, I just left it as is! 

There are three more colors in the new collection. Disco Biscuit - A tropical hot pink with an undercurrent of tiny iridescent glitter particles.; Knackered -  A sheer, twinkling oyster shade flecked with micro glitter particles and Bossy Boots -  Light, opaque pistachio green. A beautiful take on neutral for this season.

Honestly, I think both Disco Biscuit and Knackered are going to be awesome! They are next on my list to get. I think if you are interested in trying out butter London polishes, you should definitely start with one of the glitters and one of the cremes. I bought both of these from Nordstroms.com and they shipped the next day and I got them in four total days. They have free shipping on every order. The butter London site is awesome too. 

And one more thing....Zeke was a little mad his sister made the blog the other day, so he wanted his cameo appearance too!

Read my mommy's blog. She loves puppies and polish!


Cheers!
Jackie


3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, and they look great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, where did you get these spring colors? Online at bL.com, or Nordstrom?? I need to get these ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got them at Nordstroms.com. They have free shipping on every order and it took 4 days to get here.

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments and suggestions!