Friday, May 3, 2013

Blueberry Muffin - Red Dog Designs

Today I've got a very cool polish from Red Dog Designs and their Berry Friends Collection. The collection is inspired by Strawberry Shortcake and some of her friends. For anyone who is a child of the 80s like me, you probably had a lot of Strawberry Shortcake memorabilia. I was a huge fan and had alot of the dolls and even the life-sized vanity!

My favorite of all of the dolls was Blueberry Muffin. Why? Because she smelled like blueberries and wore this really cool top hat! When I saw Blueberry Muffin in Red Dog Designs collection I knew I had to pick one up!

Blueberry Muffin!

I think I squealed with glee when BM and Strawberry Shortcake showed up at my doorstep! Why? Because they are even prettier in real life!  Blueberry Muffin is a blue base with a turquoise shimmer, which is hard to capture on camera. It has a mix of blue, periwinkle, white and purple glitters in hex and square form. And it's gorgeous!

Blueberry Muffin bottle closeup

I started with a Duri basecoat, then used three thin coats of Blueberry Muffin. I added a coat of Seche Vite topcoat to finish. This polish has a great formula. I'm not a huge buyer of what people consider Indie brands, but when something like this comes along, it's hard not to take notice!

Blueberry Muffin outside

The Berry Friends Collection retails for $8.75 on the company's Big Cartel site. I only picked up two of the colors because I wasn't sure what I would think of them. Now, I'm kicking myself for not getting them all! The collection is sold out currently on the site, but should be back up shortly. You can check Red Dog Design's facebook page for updates.

Blueberry Muffin in sunlight

I'm very excited to try the rest of the collection, including Strawberry Shortcake, which I hope to have up in the next couple of days. I hope you'll check out Red Dog Designs and the collection. It's definitely worth it!!

Red Dog Designs Berry Friends Collection


Puppies and Pawlish gives Blueberry Muffin four paws up!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!