Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Julep JACKIE

Today I have a polish from Julep called Jackie! I have waited years for Zoya to name a polish that, but no luck. So when I heard about Jackie coming out in the Classic with a Twist boxes for April, I knew I had to get one!

Jackie! That's me!

Since I am not a member of the Julep maven program and this wasn't available on the website yet, I had to find a creative way to get one. Enter the lovely Sarah, who responded to my post in a nail polish sales group looking for it! I got it for a really great price, half of what the Julep site has it for right now. That's something I really like about the facebook polish groups, everyone is very helpful when it comes to looking for a particular polish!

Julep Jackie 
Julep Jackie is described as a maraschino cherry creme. I'm not a huge fan of red because if it leans towards an orange red, it usually looks horrible on my skin tone. However, this one is more of a blue red, so it's the perfect color! It's actually very close to the University of Georgia red, which I am a big fan of! 

Two coats of Julep Jackie
Since this is my first Julep polish, I wasn't sure about the formula or the bottle. I'm like the clumsiest person on earth, so I figured I'd probably spill it everywhere. While the bottle is tricky, I found that the best way to keep from knocking it over or slopping it around is to keep the brush out of the bottle until I needed more polish. That way I only had to wipe the handle of the long brush off once and I wasn't using too much. The key to this is that you have to work fast so that the brush doesn't get too hard sitting out. As for the formula, it was fantastic. It's everything a creme polish should be!

Julep Jackie up close
Excuse the little bit I missed at the top of this nail! I'm not sure how I did, but we are all human right? Anyway, I think the close up shows what a pretty cherry red this really is! I always hoped that my namesake polish would be blue or grey, but as it turns out, this one is perfect! It reminds me of some of the old Chanel and Oleg Cassini dresses that Jacqueline Kennedy used to wear. Although I wasn't named after her, my grandma used to call me Jackie O when I was little, so I've always been a big fan of hers. This seems like a polish she would have worn with one of those fashionable outfits!

Julep Jackie

All in all, I really like this polish! It turned out to be a big hit for my first Julep. I've already bought another called Leslie for my sister, named Leslie of course! I'm not sure how many others I will get just because of the bottle, but I will definitely be pulling out this one a lot over the summer!

Puppies and Pawlish gives Julep Jackie four paws up!

Before I go, I promised you a picture of Zeke at the recent Beggin for Bail fundraiser for our local Clearfield County SPCA! We were able to raise $225 in two hours for the shelter! (Thank you to Aunt Leslie, Nanny, Grammy and Pop, Lana at Mr. Wags Pet Salon, Dada and Scott, who works with Dada). The money will help out immensely and we hope to do it again next year! Also thanks to Waggin Trains, who hosted the event and gave us a really cool stuffless pig to take home to Brinlee!

Zeke in his jammies in case he had to stay in jail overnight!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!