- Nominate 7 fellow bloggers
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
7 Random Facts
2. I'm a huge fan of the show Doctor Who. I've been watching the original since I was a kid. It used to be shown on Saturdays at 11 p.m. on PBS. Back then it took weeks to get through an episode. I do watch the newer version, although I confess I did boycott it for awhile. I love the new show, but the older version is still my favorite. In fact, I named my boston terrier, Zoey, after one of the characters.
3. I'm a speed reader. No really. I read very quickly and can finish a very thick book in a couple of hours. My love of reading goes back to when I started getting my first books from my first grade class. I used to take one home, read it and bring it back the next day. My teacher didn't believe I read it, so she used to quiz me on what the book was about. I'm also a fantastic Jeopardy player because I can read the question before Alex Trebek even gets it out.
4. I met my husband at a high school wrestling tournament. He was working at a different paper and we both were covering different schools at a regional tournament. I was deathly ill with pneumonia and he offered to finish my results up for me so I could go home. Later that year we started dating and got married in 2006. He's a fantastic husband and I'm lucky to have him.
5. My favorite color is blue. I love blue. My car is blue. My favorite baseball team's colors are blue. In fact, 80 percent of my wardrobe is blue. The colors in my wedding were blue. Well, you get the picture.
6. I have an obsession with Uga, the mascot from the University of Georgia. My living room is painted Georgia red and I have photos of Uga up everywhere. My husband bought me my first one for our second Christmas together and I've continued to collect them. I even have a framed photo of Russ, the mascot who has been filling in while they find a new Uga.
7. I hate shoes and socks. I love being in my bare feet. I can't wear socks on my feet when I sleep, even in winter. It makes me feel too constricted. The day it gets even remotely warm enough for sandals, I put them on. I love to be able to wiggle my toes and walking in the grass in bare feet makes me happy.
I also got the Kreativ Blogger Award from Miranda!
1. Post the link to who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Share 7 random thoughts about yourself.
4. Pass it on to 10 blogs and inform them.
1. Favorite Song: Come on Eileen. Followed very closely by Snoopy and the Red Baron. I love both songs and crank the radio up every time I hear them.
2. Favorite Dessert: Creme Brulee. I had it once at Disney World and now anytime a restaurant has it where I go, I get it. Love it!!
3. What drives you insane: People who abuse animals, especially dogs. I have complete faith that someday they will get what's coming to them.
4. When I'm Mad: Watch out. I can be a handful. But once I'm done, I don't hold a grudge.
5. Favorite pet: All my puppies!! Tuggers, Smidgens, Zoey, Zeke and Brinlee. They're all my favorites!
6.Black or white: White! Nothing looks better than a crisp white shirt with jeans.
7. Biggest fear: Slugs. No really. They scare the absolute crap out of me. I once had an anxiety attack so bad I almost passed out.
8. My daily attitude: Optimistic.
9. What's perfect? My family. My husband and my puppies are the best things that have ever happened to me. I love them all immensely.
10. Guilt: iced tea, oreo blizzards and Ke$ha.
See my response to the Versatile Blogger Award!
Finally, Miranda tagged me with 11 questions... thanks Miranda!
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the blogger has left for you, and add 11 questions for the bloggers you have tagged to answer
- Choose 11 people and link them to your blog
- No tag backs.
1. I'm named after my aunt (Jackie) and Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angels.
2. I drive a 2000 Dodge Neon called Nia.
3. I worked at a copier place and a uniform business before I got my job at the paper.
4. My favorite baseball player is the Oakland A's Brandon Inge.
5. Someday I want a Scottish Deerhound named Boris.
6. I love Dooney and Bourke purses. I have several.
7. My engagement ring is a blue diamond surrounded by white diamonds.
8. I live in a house that was built in 1922.
9. I love Birkenstocks.
10. I have really long hair and I hate to get it cut. I only get the split ends trimmed.
- What is your favorite color - period? OPI No Room For The Blues.
- What is your favorite nail polish color? Blue. Surprise!
- If you had to live in one room for the rest of your life, what color would you make it? Georgia red.
- If you had to become a color for the rest of your life, what color would you be? A bright light blue!
- Enough about color - dogs or cats? Dogs.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla.
- Rice or Noodles? Noodles.
- Beach or Pool? Pool.
- If you had to be one age for the rest of your life, which age would you be? 29.
- If you had to lose one sense which would it be (i.e. vision, hearing, touch, taste, smell)? Smell.
- Your top 5 favorite nail polishes? OPI NRFTB, Butter London Toff, Butter London Diamond Geezer, OPI Blue Moon Lagoon, Orly Skinny Dip and Catrice Blue Cara Ciao.
My Questions for you....
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what one polish would you want with you?
2. If you could name a polish, what would you call it?
3. If you could paint your room with your favorite nail polish color, what would it be?
4. What's the one color you won't be caught dead with on your nails?
5. If you had a choice what four polishes would you save in a fire?
6. What is your dream job?
7. Favorite sports team?
8. White diamonds or colored diamonds?
9. sandals or heels?
10. What is the favorite thing you have ever received in a swap?
Here are the blogs I've tagged.....
Thanks again to Miranda for such a fun award!!