Friday, January 13, 2012

Seven Days of butter London - CHEEKY CHOPS

Today's Seven Days of butter London polish is Cheeky Chops. Cheeky Chops is described as a banana yellow. The phrase Cheeky Chops is a term of endearment for someone who says things that are a bit naughty, usually a child.

Cheeky Chops - an awesome banana yellow!

I picked up this polish over the summer at Nordstroms. The color is so pretty in the bottle, so I decided to give it a try!

Cheeky Chops
When I got Cheeky Chops home, I wondered if it would be streaky like my Lemon Fizz from China Glaze. My Lemon Fizz seems more goopier than most of my polish, and I didn't know if that pertained to all yellow polishes. Turns out it doesn't!

Two coats of Cheeky Chops

I used a base of OPI Natural Nail basecoat, Two coats of Cheeky Chops, and Seche Vite topcoat. The formula is awesome. I didn't have trouble with streakiness or bald patches.

Cheeky Chops with flash
This polish is definitely a keeper and a must-have for anyone who likes yellow! It would also make a great stamping polish. I took a picture of Cheeky Chops and Lemon Fizz side-by-side. They look similar, but Lemon Fizz is one to two shades lighter. Cheeky Chops is definitely a "butter" yellow.

Cheeky Chops and Lemon Fizz

It's really hard for me to show the difference between the two with the camera that I have. But here is a picture I took.

Pinkie - Cheeky Chops; ring finger - Lemon Fizz; Middle - CC; pointer - Lemon Fizz.

It's really hard to see the difference, but Cheeky Chops is a brighter yellow, while Lemon Fizz is a paler color. They are at least a shade different, but if you aren't a big fan of yellow, you don't need both. However, if I had to pick, I'd go with Cheeky Chops just because of the formula. 

Hope you enjoyed Day 6 of the Seven Days of butter!

Jackie








No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!