Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lynnderella - CHOCOLOTTA LOVE

Hello!!
Today I have for you Chocolotta Love from Lynnderella. This is the third Lynnderella polish I've added to my collection. For those of you who have never heard of Lynnderella, she makes all of her own polish, much like my friend Pam from Pam's Girly Bits. I also have Connect the Dots, which I love, and Bibbity Bobbity Boo Blue, which is still untried.

Lynnderella's Chocolotta Love


According to Lynn's site, Lynnderella, this polish is a blend of multi-sized hexagons and squares, black microglitter, as well as scattered yellow, red, purple, turquoise, lime and emerald "candies" in a sheer chocolate base. It's compared to brownies with M&M's baked in.

I thought this may look good over a bronze polish as it would help pick up the browns and different colored glitters in the polish. I chose OPI's Brisbane Bronze. It's one of my favorite colors from OPI.

Left: OPI Brisbane Bronze. Right: Lynnderella's Chocolotta Love
Turns out I was completely wrong. This combo doesn't work for me. I don't know if the bronze makes the black microglitter stand out too much, but instead of thinking M&M brownies, I thought more like loose tobacco.
One coat of Brisbane Bronze, two coats of Chocolotta Love.
Lynderella's polishes are always gorgeous in the bottle, and I love Connect the Dots. I'm still on the fence about this one. I'm thinking I'll try it over at least one or two other colors before I decide to swap it. Especially since get Lynn's polishes are so hard. I almost fell guilty for not loving it right away.

I think it's the black microglitter that  I don't like.


Here is a blurred picture so you can see some of the different colored glitters.

Lots of pretty colored glitters in there!

If you have any suggestions for base colors for me to try, feel free to leave a comment!! And, as always, I must leave you with some puppy spam.

Zeke and his stuffed duck, Hokie

And not be left out, here is our little princess.....

Brinlee Belle

Enjoy!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!