Sunday, February 5, 2012

Essie -PLAY DATE

Today I have for you an Essie polish I picked up with a voucher I got to the website bloom.com. A friend of mine (Sarah Camille) sent me a referral link, which gave me $10 off any purchase at Bloomspot. It's basically like Groupon or Living Social. They had a deal for a bloom.com gift certificate $50 for $25. With the $10 referral, I paid $15!

I picked up two Essie polishes, an OPI polish, a POP eyeliner and a really great hand and cuticle scrub, that I will review later this week. It was a great deal!


Play Date caught my eye because it reminds me of a purple polish I had in high school and loved!

Essie - Play Date

Play Date is from the new Go Overboard collection. I have one other color from the collection as well, (Go Overboard, which is a tealish blue), but this is my favorite by far.

I think the formula on this is really good. In fact, I probably could have gotten away with one coat. For demonstration purposes, I used two coats. I started with OPI Chip Skip, Sally Hansen Strengthening Basecoat, two coats of Play Date and a topcoat of Seche Vite.

Two coats of Play Date, a flirty, light purple

This is a true lilac color. It looks good on nubbins, which I finally went down to earlier this week because of a couple breaks. It also looks good on light to medium skin like mine. I think it would look even better on darker skin as well.

It's really hard to capture the the true color of Play Date, but it does look very close on my pinkie here

This is my fourth Essie polish, not counting the four minis I have too. I have found that the formula varies from polish to polish. I have used Go Overboard from this collection and it seems very thick and hard to work with. The Play Date formula was much easier and was not streaky or thick.

Nubbin friendly Play Date!
I would definitely recommend this polish to anyone with short nails and any skin tone. It's one of those polishes that I think would look good on anyone. What do you all think of it?

Jackie





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!