Thursday, August 30, 2012

Claire's Nail Stickers - LEOPARD

Today I have some nail stickers for you from Claire's. These retail for $7 on their website and in the store. Right now, they have a buy one, get one 50% off.
My husband and I were in Grove City, Pa. at the outlets and I saw these. I figured I'd get two packs and try them out. I picked up the Leopard print and the multi-glitter print.

Bling nail stickers - Left: Multi-glitter. Right: Leopard
There are 16 nail stickers in each package. They come in different sizes, although like most nail stickers or decals, some just don't fit no matter what.
I really liked this when I took them out of the package. They are much thicker than the Sally Hansen nail strips that I've come to really like.

Multi-colored leopard print

The leopard print was meant to act as an ombre effect. But since I have weirdly shaped fingers, I had to use them out of order to get the best fit. They don't have a ton of patterns, but the ones they do have are very cool. Most of the stickers also come with crystals already glued on the sticker.

Closeup of nail stickers

While these weren't horrible to apply, be forewarned...they only come with stickers. Meaning you need to have your own nail file ready to file off the excess. Here is where I dislike these stickers. With the crystals on, it's harder to file off the excess. So if there is a crystal at the very tip, it leaves an indentation. Plus you have to file alot to get the extra off.


Close up of nail sticker with top coat.

The package advises you to use a basecoat and a topcoat with these stickers. I did both. However, I found the topcoat doesn't really stick too well on these things. Whether it be the air trapped by the crystals or what, my topcoat actually peeled right off in some places.
Even with that I was still pretty satisfied with these ---- until I went about my daily life. Then the things started to stick up and peel like you wouldn't believe. 

Pretty, but not worth the money

I spent $7 on these and had them on all of three hours. I finally just peeled them all off. It was easy to take them off. Mostly because many of the edges had already started to stick up. I did use Chip Skip and Essie Rock Solid basecoat before putting them on.

I have one more pack to try, but I'll probably wait awhile. Honestly, I think the Sally Hansen strips are better for the money you pay. I've used both the fingernail and toenail strips and have had zero issues.

Before I go, I want to leave you with a picture of one of my most favorite puppies of all time. No, it's not Zeke or Brinlee. It's a puppy they share a lot of wall space with at our house - the University of Georgia mascot, Uga. I'm a huge fan and have over 12 framed pictures of him in my living room. Today, they named a new Uga. His name is Russ, and he's been the interim mascot after the deaths of the past two Ugas. Russ will now be known as Uga IX. 

Russ AKA my third-favorite dog in the world!

Hope you enjoyed today's post!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!