Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rainbow Honey - The Worst Possible Thing

Today I have for you a polish by Rainbow Honey! It's from her Equestria Collection inspired by My Little Pony. Now for those of you who grew up in the 80's you know how popular My Little Pony was. My first pony was Bow Tie. It was a blue pony with pink mane and tail and it had little pink bow ties on it. I loved My Little Pony growing up and I think my friend Sarah may have had one of the biggest collections I've ever seen!

Rainbow Honey's The Worst Possible Thing


But lets get to the polish! The Worst Possible thing is patterned after Rarity the pony. It has opalescent flakes in purple and blue and a multitude of holographic and iridescent glitters. In other words, it's awesome!

Rainbow Honey's The Worst Possible Thing and Essie's Bikini so Teeny

Since it's a layering polish, I decided to see what it would look like over Essie's Bikini So Teeny from their new summer collection. Bikini So Teeny is a pale blue, bordering on periwinkle. 

Two coats of The Worst Possible Thing over Bikini So Teeny
I used two coats of The Worst Possible Thing over Bikini So Teeny. Rainbow Honey's formula is pretty awesome. The glitter goes on easy and you don't have to dab around to go over any missed bald spots. The only thing that's bad is that I got this one in a mini. While the brush is adequate, it's not very long, so I'm wondering how well it will pick up polish once it gets down some. 

Full view in sunlight

I'm a big fan of blues, so this caught my eye. I also picked up two more polishes from the Equestria collection, 20% Cooler and A Little Kindness. I also got a full-sized bottle of Koi Pond from a different collection. All of the polishes came in cute little boxes or mini ziplocs with the Rainbow Honey logo. Each bottle also had a cool identifying label on top.

Top of Bottle
All I can say is I love this!! I had such an easy time applying it and it looked great for almost five days before I chipped a nail and took it off. It glistens in the sun and it's hard to stop looking at your nails once it's on.

Closeup of two coats of The Worst Possible Thing
There are six core polishes in the collection and two special edition polishes that you get if you order the whole collection. I'm now kicking myself for not doing that. I'm a fan of indie polishes. But I've pretty much kept to buying indies from people I've known on the polish boards on Facebook. This was my first leap of faith on a brand where I didn't know the person making it. I definitely wasn't disappointed and plan to order more from Rainbow Honey in the future.

Rainbow Honey's The Worst Possible Thing in the shade

Rainbow Honey sells her large size (15 ml) polishes for $10 through her site. The smaller polishes (7ml) are $5. If you want to order the entire Equesteria collection, it's $70. I think the prices are extremely fair given the amount of time and effort that are obviously put into these polishes. Rainbow Honey is definitely right up there with some of my favorite indie brands like Girly BitsSoFlaJo and Polished Components

All in all this is my favorite of the collection so far. I've had a little bit of a fail with 20% Cooler, trying it over a polish I didn't like, but I plan to keep experimenting with it. The Worst Possible Thing gets two paws up in my book. If you love glitter or even My Little Pony, head over to Rainbow Honey's site and show her some love. Tell her Puppies and Pawlish sent you!

Speaking of puppies.... I've been having a blast taking pics of Zeke and Brinlee with my new camera. So here is some puppy spam before I go!

Brinlee patroling the wall in the backyard

And I don't want to leave out Zeke.

Zeke napping on the couch

Take care !!

Jaclyn









No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments and suggestions!